Also referred to as Erb-Duchenne palsy
Old theory : Wail till one year.
New rules of management:
- No immobilization (if no fracture)
- Aggressive occupational therapy with parental education about handling of infant.
- Cookies or Towel Test (Towel test (inability to uncover his or her own face at 6 months), and the cookie test (inability to bring cookie to mouth at 9 months)- needs further evaluation
- MR/Electro-diagnostic test
- Surgery decision by 3 months / 9 months – depending upon the response to Conservative management, as early interventions have shown better outcomes.