There are five main domains of management of Migraine which are as follows:
- Headache education: Patient and family members should be reassured that there is no serious underlying disorder. It is helpful for the patient to keep a headache diary to identify headache patterns and triggers and to evaluate treatment response
- Life- style modification: SMART headache management
- Sleep: Regular and sufficient sleep
- Meals: Regular and sufficient meals, avoidance of caffeine and good hydration.
- Activity: Regular aerobic exercise
- Relaxation: stress reduction, relaxation exercises
- Trigger avoidance: avoid sleep deprivation, fasting and other identifiable triggers
3. Acute headache management
4. Complementary treatment
5. Preventive treatment
Next Post : Acute & Complementary Management in Migraine
Nice and happy to read material.