Previous Post: What Causes a Perineal rash ?
Following tis ABCDE pneumonic will ensure that all aspects are covered for any Perineal Rash or Diaper Dermatitis in addition to the specific treatment-
- A Air out the skin by allowing the child to go diaper-free intermittently.
- B Barrier – use a paste or ointment to protect the skin, e.g. Creams with Zinc oxide, Coconut oil, etc. Higher Zinc Oxide concentrations make the creams more adherent and long-lasting.
- C Clean – keep the skin Clean
- D Disposable Diapers Change every 2-3 hours
- E Educate how to prevent a recurrence of diaper rash