Primary caregivers or parents and Teachers, both have a big role to play in identification of children facing challenges so that a timely referral and evaluation is done and children with learning disabilities get a timely intervention.
A child with a learning disability may exhibit one or more of the following:
- Impetuous behaviour
- Inappropriate responses in school or social situations
- Difficulty staying on task (easily distracted)
- Difficulty finding the right way to say something
- Inconsistent school performance
- Immature way of speaking
- Difficulty listening well
- Problems dealing with new things in life
- Problems understanding words or concepts
Ideally, every school should have a regular teacher training and guidance program for sensitisation of teachers to understand the concept, features and symptoms of different types of learning disabilities.
Post Pic Credits https://kashmirconvener.com